Smartphone and tablet apps continue to change the way people use the internet.
Smartphones and tablets have exploded in popularity, as has the demand for their applications or ‘apps’.
- Mobile app stores saw annual downloads reach 102 billion in 2013, up from 64 billion in 2012. (Gartner, Inc)
- Users are predicted to have spent nearly £10 billion on apps by the end of 2013, more than the figures for previous 3 years combined.
By their nature, apps for smartphones and tablets used ‘on the go’, and are therefore designed to be intuitive, functional and accessible.
Apps are changing the way that many people use the Internet, with news content and social connectivity now being primarily delivered in app form rather than through traditional browsers.
An app can be a great addition to a company’s digital portfolio, enabling a higher level of interaction with customers, providing latest offers and products, push notifications, store finders, and location-based services such as ‘Find my nearest…’ all at the tap of a button.
DBD Digital have 5 years experience developing cutting-edge apps for a wide range of platforms including iPhones, iPads, iPods, Android phones and tablets, BlackBerry touch-screen smartphones and Windows Mobile devices.
We are registered Apple and Android (Google Play) developers, and have experience creating apps not only for customers (end-users), but also to assist our clients with internal productivity and the streamlining of staff processes.
We have built apps that utilise the following functionality:
- Data capture and user sign-up
- Display of latest offers, products and news
- Interact with remote databases
- Store locators
- Private content for registered users
- E-commerce with easy in-app payments for extra digital content or physical services
- Earn extra revenue from your apps by displaying advertisements
- Linking with bluetooth devices such as barcode scanners to improving productivity and workflow
We can also take the hassle out of getting your app published in the App Store, Google Play, and BlackBerry World, as well as manage app updates, hosting of data, reporting on usage, support pages, and push notifications.
If you have an idea for an app, or would like to discuss how apps can help your business embrace smartphone and tablet technology, please email us for more information, or call 0844 445 7828 to chat with a member of our team.