Design, Programming, Optimisation, Marketing & Strategy
In the relatively short history of the internet, online sales have grown to account for 12% of all retail sales in the UK, the average weekly spending online in December 2013 was £675.4 million (ons.gov.uk), and it shows no signs of slowing down. These figures show an increase of 11.8% compared with December 2012.
What is e-commerce?
Simply enough, e-commerce is the buying and selling of goods and services over the Internet.
Why is e-commerce so effective?
Selling products and services online comes with some major advantages. It’s easy to see why e-commerce has become so popular and effective for so many businesses.
- A web store is always open, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- There are no restrictions due to location, the internet has a world-wide reach.
- The running costs and overheads of a website are minimal compared to traditional retail, leading to increased profitability.
We love e-commerce – it’s kind of ‘our thing’.
We have extensive experience building and managing e-commerce websites, and can provide expert advice on every step of the process, whether you’re just starting out, or are already a seasoned pro.
Bespoke e-commerce Websites
For larger organisations, we can build bespoke e-commerce websites from the ground up, tailoring them to exact specifications, requirements and designs. We can also integrate websites into existing stock and accounting systems to ensure a seamless connection with established IT infrastructure.
Open Source e-Commerce Platforms
Open source e-commerce platforms like Magento and WooCommerce are the main reason behind the explosion in e-commerce. They provide the core functionality of an e-commerce website, which can then be amended, upgraded, and bespoked. This saves a substantial amount of time in the development stages of the project, and is the recommended approach for first-time e-traders.
Standard e-commerce Features
- Comprehensive product management in easy to use control panels
- Manage inventory with stock level notifications
- Intricate shipping and tax options
- Setup discount codes and sales coupons
- Detailed reporting of sales and order data
- Seamless credit card processing
Enhanced e-commerce Functionality
- Dynamic pricing and products with recurring payments
- Live-chat customer service
- Gift certificate options
- Shipping software integration
- Integrate your e-commerce with your existing accounting software systems
- Streamlined checkout process with address finding/postcode lookup functionality
Responsive mobile web and native apps to reach a growing audience of mobile shoppers with secure in-app payments.
e-Commerce Payment & Security
We can assist with everything that you need to receive card payments on your website. We are experienced in not only connecting to your choice of payment processing providers, but also the application process to get the account set up.
We also provide SSL Certificate provision and installation, and certified PCI-DSS Compliance (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) and managed hosting with regular vulnerability scans.